Find the people who are already doing the job well
Find the perfect match for your company.
From sourcing to closing, DG&A is with you.
DG&A strives to meet our clients needs in whatever way we can. Using our inclusive proprietary database and expert sourcing and research strategies, we can provide an accurate assessment of the available talent for a particular role, industry, and location. To that end, we will ensure that our recruiting efforts fit seamlessly within our client's company's vision, goals, and core values.
We believe that every organization has a unique culture and a specific set of needs. For each assignment, we generate a new pool of prospective candidates specifically appropriate to that search. Drawing on the vast resources of our entire firm, we ensure that each candidate pool represents an extensive group of diverse, highly qualified individuals with the credentials and personal qualities that our client is seeking. We are adept at finding accomplished candidates who are articulate, visionary, innovative, and ethical. We focus on sourcing candidates who can effectively drive progress in an environment that is adverse to change.
A. Needs Assessment
Each project begins with a kickoff meeting & community input meeting that includes the Board/Search Committee, DG&A Principal, DG&A Project Lead, and relevant community stakeholders. This step in the process consists of spending time onsite with our clients to build the framework for a successful search through a thorough needs analysis. We meet in order to understand our client’s operations and objectives, culture, technical requirements of the role, and community. We also want to define the dimensions for job success, specific experiences, competencies, knowledge, and personal characteristics to build a skilled candidate pipeline. Throughout the process, we find it vital to hold weekly meetings with the Search Committee Members to discuss the status, candidate pipeline, changes, and any market intelligence gathered.
C. Identifying Potential Candidates
Channels of Sourcing: Successful identification of exceptional talent requires active investigation and direct recruitment. Accordingly, we focus on the following four channels:
· National Advertisement Placement: We will work with our client's HR office. DG&A will make recommendations about the strategic placement of ads in national media, websites, and newsletters.
· Cold Calling: Contacting “passive” individuals with demonstrated leadership capabilities. Our goal at DG&A is to tap into our client's network and target their competitor's leadership.
· Proprietary Database Search: We will utilize our inclusive and proprietary search database in order to circulate the position description through our diversity networks built over the last 30 years.
· Associations and Professional Organizations: DG&A will contact relevant associations and professional organizations through postings and e-mails to identify potential candidates among their membership.
D. Candidate Screening
We then carefully screen and qualify all potential candidates to assess their qualifications, their potential to perform within the new environment, and their organizational compatibility. As potential candidates are identified we have a two part process:
· We conduct detailed traditional interviews to evaluate their overall qualifications including the defined dimensions for job success (experiences, competencies, knowledge, and personal characteristics).
· We conduct behavior-based interviews to evaluate desirable/undesirable behaviors and outcomes.
Evaluating Internally Developed Candidate Pools
· Work Experience (what they have done): The situations that an individual entering the role should have experienced or, at least, to have had some exposure.
· Knowledge and Skills (what they know): The education and training necessary for success.
· Personal Attributes (who they are): The characteristics of an individual’s personality and the factors that contribute to the individual’s motivation to perform at a high level and remain satisfied with the role.
· Competencies (what they can do): An individual’s capabilities that enable high performance.
E. Final Candidates Interview Assistance
We serve as collaborative advisers to our clients. If requested, we assist our clients with all final interviews and assessments, interview questions, candidate evaluation forms, and consult clients in ranking the candidates interviewed. DG&A has extensive experience working with a variety of boards. We understand that some searches require extensive community involvement, and our team has the capacity to adapt to the needs of all stakeholders involved in a search.
DG&A believes that a pre-employment reference check is a critical step to ensure that the prospect you want to hire is worth the investment. Therefore, all candidates that are selected by DG&A to be presented to our client’s search committee as “finalists” will be asked to provide working relationship references and personal references. DG&A is responsible for completing the review of candidates’ references, as well as generating new references based on the references our candidates list. All reference checks are then completed by DG&A before candidates are submitted for consideration.
Conducting the right screening will reduce risk, reduce turnover, and allow the ability to make consistent, sound hiring decisions.
G. Closing Phase
Extending Offers (This step is based on the client’s process/requirements)
We can assist our client in offer negotiations, extending offers, and related closing steps. Our strong experience in this stage of the process allows us to effectively and quickly negotiate all components of the offer. We counsel both sides on the right compensation package, contractual issues, and other specific details of employment, including relocation. We are in an ideal position to counsel both candidate and client regarding any counter-offer that the candidate's present employer may extend.
Our service extends well beyond the finalized offer. We stay in close contact with all parties during the transition period to address any potential difficulties that may arise as well as to ensure a smooth transition. Additionally, we conduct 360 degree feedback with the client and candidate on a 30, 60, and 90 day basis to ensure progression and, most importantly, solidify our relationship with each individual.
In the rare and unfortunate circumstance that a client leaves within a year of their initial hire, DG&A will re-conduct the search free of charge. It is our hope that this measure provides our clients with the utmost confidence that DG&A is committed to their companies continued success.
To view more specific deliverables in our search process, please click here.
Diversity inclusion combined with time tested executive search methods and the flexibility that comes with a smaller search firm, make DG&A an effective solution to any executive leadership deficits your company might face.
We all know that when a leader steps down there is a lot of change that follows. Our experienced executive search consultants can help you formulate succession plans that will help your company through the transition.
David Gomez and Associates 65 E Wacker Place, Chicago, IL, 60601, USA Tel: (312) 346-5525